Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Yay, and so we begin

This is where I shall blarg about the things I think too hard about and also the travails of my writing... career. Maybe. I dislike that word because I only really write since I enjoy it. I've always thought, "Hey, that'd be nice to have as a career, y'know, a writer. Someone who wears their chair thin from typing all day, drinks lots of cafe-type stuff in cafe-type places."

So when I finished college and began a career not wholly defined as the above, I discovered that maybe career is a bad word for it. I think it'll be more like a journey. When I think about careers, I think about money. And yuck. Money, and in my case, the lack thereof, but wherefore meow meow and on and on. So no, not career. 

I don't want to think of my writing as a monetary investment, as the time that I've spent writing being essential to expediting my financial success and pathways to a jacuzzi in a limo parked in my driveway. While that would be sick wicked awesome, that's not what I want out of my writing. And I think it's important to make that distinction. I'll probably never be a professional writer with that mindset, but hey, it won't bug me. 

I like writing. Hopefully it's something that other people enjoy reading, too. That's my main goal here. Provide a bit of an outlet for you (and other people dropping by) to read my stuff. If you like it, awesome! I'd love to hear from you. If you don't like it, if in fact, you totally hate it, and it made you squirm in your seat, I would totally love to hear that too. 

And this blog will cover other stuff too. It's just that most of the time I'm thinking about writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment